Thursday, December 10, 2009

Quite the ride!

A trip to Lark Toys in Kellogg, MN was on the agenda when my parents came for a visit (yeah!) this past week. A gorgeous hand-carved Carousel is one of the main attractions at this specialty toy store. A clip from the Lark Toys website; "The carousel at LARK Toys is unlike any other carousel in the world. Hand-carved from basswood and designed with exquisite detail, each animal is a rideable work of art."
And WOW was that true!

Quinn took a ride on a Deer (those are real antlers)

Dad chose a strong bear with a fish clenched in its teeth

Max was a bit nervous and so opted for the cart that was pulled by a Mama Ostrich (you can see her babies hatching behind Max's head)

I jumped on the back of a Pink Flamingo, gorgeous bird! (your eyes do not decieve you, Mike is casually perched on a Chicken behind me, :)!!
Posted by Picasa
Mae straddled a Wolf so Mike got on the next closest animal which happened to be a Chicken! Awesome!!!!


My Mom was the photographer, hence her absence in these brilliant photos, great shots Mom! I wish somebody would have snapped a pic of her riding side saddle atop a fierce and staggeringly beautiful-looking dragon! :) In truth, there was a fantastic dragon, but Mom chose to ride something a bit more tame, a seat for photo takers that was placed right in front of Quinn's Deer. I was surprised at how it truly felt like a ride; you went up, up, up and then down, down, down. It went around pretty fast too!

After 5 1/2 fun-filled days, my parents flew back home yesterday. Tonight in Quinn's prayers he said "please bless us to miss Gran & Pa, but not to cry, just to miss them". :) Thanks for coming Mom & Dad! It was so much fun having you here at my house.


4 comments:

Hilary said...

So awesomely (is that a word?) FESTIVE! I love it.

Julie said...

adorable! and let me say, you ROCKED that scarf on Sunday :) and your parents came up to me and we're like.. you're julie tucker, kurtis' wife, right? and then gabbed about how great he is, how they were the 'boundary waters cre' and how they knew who i was.. love them!

Connie Whitesides said...

You and the flamingo get along nicely. I have loved hearing all to stories about R & L's visit. It makes me wish I was there so bad. Your kids are hilarious, it can only be because you and mike feed them "belly bums."
We are grateful, it keeps us entertained.

Elizabeth said...

How fun to have your parents visit! I bet the kiddos were in heaven! Jon would have loved to see that Carousel!