Friday, May 14, 2010

Mother's Day


I get to mother these three cuties:



After a wonderful morning of worship and a tasty pasta lunch by Mike (made right before he crashed on his pillow---he worked Saturday, Sat night & Sunday morning) the kids and I took a long nature walk Sunday afternoon to get out of the house while Daddy slept.



Spring, glorious Spring!
It is a joy to walk along the bike trail.



The kids were so cute about Mother's Day. I told them it was a day to give your Mom a gift and tell her you love her. Then I took them to Target (you see where this is going...) and they wanted to buy me everything! It was the cutest thing ever. If I stopped and lingered looking at something (for instance, sunglasses), the kids would say, "I'll get you some sunglasses for Mother's Day!". I laughed as Max held up a Go! Diego watch that he was going to buy for me. Bracelets, rings, shoes, headbands, the kids were ready to put anything I touched into the cart. I could have gone hog wild this Mother's Day! In the end, a nice new red wallet went into the cart, and Mama + kiddies were happy as could be.


Yeah, I'll keep my day job. My co-workers are pretty awesome (Daddy included!). :)


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Mike said...

I'm a lucky man to be married to such a lovely mom!

Jen said...

Glad you had a great MOther's Day! You are a fantastic mom and person. Your kids are so cute to want to get you everything. :) The Diego watch would have ended up in our cart too.

Connie Whitesides said...

What a great Mother's Day, for one of the best mothers I know.
Your hair looks great in the top photo, a nice caramel color to lighten things up.
And the photo snapped by Quinn is nice. I see a future in photography for this one. You are centered and everything.

Melissa said...

Cute Molly! I can't believe how big your 3 are now!!!

Melissa