Thursday, March 10, 2011

Party On!

happy-birthday-balloons.jpg 51.4K

What a day! Quinn turned 6 yesterday.
He was such a funny, cute kid about his birthday. He sure had opinions this year. His requests were: spaghetti for dinner (I threw tacos out there, hoping he'd go for that because it's easier for me to make than b-sketti, but he firmly told me he liked b-sketti the best. We went to Noodles & Co.), a birthday cake (he's getting one on Saturday for his party, so I tried to get away with chocolate covered strawberries for his birthday treat but he wasn't havin' it), that everyone hide and surprise him when he gets home from school (he acted so surprised and thrilled when Mike and the twins popped out from behind the door and under the couch, it was hilarious), twinkies for his school treat, and a rousing round or two of Heads Up 7-Up before we went to bed. Oh, and lots of presents. Quinn told me and Mike several times before his b-day that we had better get him some presents. Because he couldn't see them wrapped sitting on the fireplace, the poor kid must have thought his parents weren't going to pull through in the gift department! We all had a great time celebrating Quinn. I feel blessed to be his Ma (that's what he's called me from the beginning, Ma or Mama, it's precious). Happy Birthday Big Guy!

9 comments:

Molly said...

Check out the free Happy Birthday clip art that doesn't fit on the page! I guess that's what I get when I don't take any birthday pics with my camera and try to still make the post look birthday-ish. sigh. Kind of a blog flop, but oh well!

Hilary said...

Quinn is awesome.
Happy Birthday cute nephew!

Anna said...

I miss hearing your kids call you "Ma". It is so sweet. Happy Birthday Quinn - too bad our boys can't be at each other's parties this year - maybe next year? :)

Kirsten said...

Happy number six Quinn!

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love that he insisted on getting presents. He's a man after my own heart. :)

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday Quinn!

S&F Seminario said...

Well we live close and I still miss your important events...your birthday, the kids' birthdays...I love Quinn's requests. Mimi also is requesting a "surprise" birthday, even though it won't be a surprise...and that's not for months!
Well, happy birthday all and especially Quinner. Good job pulling off the perfect birthday day ma.

Sarah said...

Happy bday Quinn! Yay! Molly, you are awesome. Miss you!

Jean Leavitt said...

happy birthday Quinn! Don't you love it when they tell you exactly what to do...everyone wins!! :)