Sunday, October 14, 2007

Can't remember when we last had...

BABYSITTERS!!!I work with some of the best people. Last night, three of my fellow residents came over and tended Quinn, Max and Mae while Molly and I went on a date. When was the last time we had 3 hours to ourselves?

We went to Avocados, a new restaurant in town, and enjoyed smoked duckling nachos and "chef's madness"- an appetizer mix of the 'chef's culinary genius'. The madness included mussels and scallops, which Molly did not appreciate, and crab cakes, which were much more welcome. After reading A Series of Unfortunate Events, I think I enjoyed the Ceviche a little more than I would have otherwise. Our conversation revolved around things other than diapers and feeding schedules. When we got home, we found everyone happily watching Winnie the Pooh.
Thanks, Autumn, Andrea & Katie!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So fun! Glad the two of you could get out on the town. Babysitters are expensive out here---it kills me to spend the money to have a teenager come over to my house, watch movies and eat popcorn while my little Marley sleeps. However, I do need "MY" time with Jared. I guess that's the sacrifice!