Sunday, November 18, 2007

I Will Survive!

"At First I was an egg, I was petrified! Kept thinkin' I'd get lost, or I'd get cracked and fried...."

That's right, Ladies and Gentlemen, the Turkey was in full swing Friday night at our ward party here in Rochester. The activities chairman emailed me to ask if I'd be part of the entertainment, and I said I'd see what I could do. The look on my bishop's face was payment enough for a week of practicing my turkey walk and wearing a red feather boa as a gobble in front of 130 ward members! I just wish some of my friends from Milwaukee could have been there! Jared Ogao, I needed you to dance the dance with me on stage, baby!

Many a ward member's favorite part was Quinn, dancing like mad, at the back of the gym while Mama sang her turkey song. Mike was asked why he wasn't on stage too (a duet!) and he replied that he's the emotional support. He's also the costume designer! Check out the beak he made from a Nestle Quick container. Pure genius.
Here's a little clip of the buck wildness that went on that night.





(notice the red ink I used in the first line?? I am branching out!)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Molly!! We MISS YOU! That was great and brought back some great memories of you and LIndsay doing that last year. Jared will get a big kick out of this as soon as he sees it.

Hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving!

Clayton said...

Moo. You Turkey! Dug the tunes and the dancing. I would have loved to see the Quinnster bustin a groove in the back! Keep the blog hip by adding new swag.

Hilary said...

Molls. You are my hero. It's just that simple.

Sharp Family said...

Molly, I've seen a lot of things in my life, but that was AWESOME! Seriously, you are such a hoot, so fun, and we totally miss you (you too Mike)! Happy Thanksgiving!

Amberlynn said...

Hilarious!! You are the life of the party! Happy Early Thanksgiving!

gasdaddy said...

MOLLY! You make me proud! Sorry we missed it, but can't wait to see it in person on the big day! ;)

Anonymous said...

You are one ROCKIN' TURKEY!! That is hilarious Molly. Makes me miss my feather boas.

Anonymous said...

I knew I should have stayed an extra few days! It would have been worth it!

Elizabeth said...

Molly-I would have paid good money to be there! We miss you guys!

Nielsen Family said...

Wish I were there too.
I bet that was the highlight for the party!
Take care
Miss you all