Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas lesson

Once every few decades, rivers flood their banks. Rarely, it snows in Florida. Occasionally, planets align in orbit. Very infrequently, all three of our kids are down for a nap at the same time. In one of those moments of good fortune, I finished working on my Christmas lesson (to be given in church later today) while Molly played with her Christmas present. That's right folks, it's December 23rd. She was suspicious that I bought a ceramic hair iron and she begged to open it today 'for the Sunday before Christmas'. We'll just have to wrap it back up and put it under the tree tomorrow.

Team teaching with Tom Fleming in Gospel Doctrine, I finished the book of revelation last week and had this Sunday free for a full Christmas theme. I've enjoyed reading about Frankincense and Myrrh and the capacity of middle eastern inns but most of all I've gained an appreciation for the importance of Christ's birth. In the middle of gifts and treats and the radio (which has been playing holiday songs since October), I'm glad to be reminded so frequently of the real meaning of Christmas. Here's wishing you all a Merry Christmas full of meaning.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Molly-that cracks me up that you HAD to open a present today :) Jared threatens me every year and gives me all of these rules about the presents...no touching, shaking, unwrappying, smelling, dusting under...I just get so excited :)

Amberlynn said...

I've been asking Judd for weeks to open, "just one gift," and he has held firm. He even said, "yes," once just to taunt me...cruel, I know! Molly, you'll have to post pics of your beautiful hair styled by your new Christmas Present. Enjoy the RARE occasion of peaceful slumber in your house! Love you guys! Merry Christmas!

Kurt Johnson said...

Sounds blissfully quite and enjoyable... especially with it happening sometime other than 3 am.

Remember, Betsy, Thomas and I will help ease your burden. Just ship any combination of two children to use. We'll take them for a while.

S&F Seminario said...

Mike and Molly,
I'm just checking in on you on Christmas Eve. Thanks for the Christmas message--you're always inspiring to us. We love you and hope you have a Merry Christmas season filled with good hair days.