Saturday, May 24, 2008

Never enough pictures of HAWAII!

In love, in Hawaii, in sandals on Waikiki.

This is the view from our hotel balcony. The first night we were so tired. There was a 5 hour time difference and we were both ready to hit the hay, but Mike had to take a dip in the ocean before he could rest. I told him I'd cheer him on from the balcony. He ran out the door in his swimsuit and I brushed my teeth and went to open the sliding glass door to the balcony. It was locked and stuck. I tugged and pulled, but it wouldn't budge. I gave up and went to bed. Mike came back a while later, dripping with salt water and a huge grin on his face to find me snoozing in our soft King size bed. Sorry I missed your swan dive, Mike! Our beautiful home away from home, the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Oh, how I miss you and your room service.

We hit 2 different shave ice stands. Aoki's and Matsumoto's. Both were delicious. Aoki's served sweet beans in the bottom of the cone topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, then shaved ice and drizzled with sweetened condensed milk. The beans were like sweet black beans. Kinda weird, but we had to try it. Matsumoto's was the better of the two. We decided you could live off shaved ice if you had to....and we saw many homeless people in Honolulu that were probably doing just that.


If eating Shaved Ice is wrong, then I don't want to be right.


Delectable, as was the first.

Check out our sweet ride!! We toured the island in this beautiful blue convertible Mustang. Prrr. We were IN. Or, at least we felt like we were in....
This is a picture of one of our beautiful Latter-Day Saint temples in Hawaii. It was a warm, overcast day. It was 5pm when we pulled into the temple parking lot. We stopped and talked with the missionaries at the Visitor's Center and toured the grounds. It was lovely. I'm so glad we made the stop, even if we didn't get to do a temple session. We felt the holy spirit and it was peaceful and gentle.
Mike soaking up nature at the Lyon Arboretum near the University of Hawaii.
Mike's favorite plant on our hike.
My favorite flower on the preserve.
Are you wondering if something small and furry was taking this picture??! Mike's tripod was so handy! (Yes, that is a big map in Mike's hand. The arboretum was huge! I loved Hawaii, but I wasn't so keen on staying there, drinking rain water & eating slugs for the rest of my life! Are we still on the trail?? Are you sure??)

This tree had the craziest trunk!
This was called Inspiration Point. Is this place for real??!?!!?!
Putting these pictures together, I can't believe I was really there!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Molly, how much I love you and miss your fun personality. Love the "If eating this is wrong I don't want to be right" I woke my husband up out of his Sunday nap laughing at that comment.

Jen C. said...

Molly, I am so so so happy for you getting to go! Josh and I went to Kauai last summer and told ourselves when we found out we were having twins that we'd never take a trip like that again! You inspire me! There is life after year 1 of twins! ;) you guys look so happy and so great! Yay for you!!

S&F Seminario said...

I can taste the shaved ice. Cream drizzled on top. Oh how I miss it. I am so glad you had your lovers escapade in such a place.

Kathryn said...

Wow. How fun. And now I want to try the shaved ice.

Rebecca said...

Molls, I heard I just missed you in paradise. Looks like you 2 had sooo much fun. I hope I get to meet your family soon. You look so dang cute... you haven't changed at all. I love you!!!