Monday, September 1, 2008

Sand. Water. Sun.



One of Mike's co-workers invited a bunch of friends to her parent's home in The Cities this past Saturday. They live on a beautiful little lake with a great beach house. We played all afternoon. Ahhhh, what a day.




Mae, soakin' up some sun.

Sand! Max was the most adventurous of the three and would wade out until his swimsuit got wet.

This is what I look like on a beach. Fully dressed. I feel so like a "Mom" in this picture! I knew I wouldn't be going on the sailboat or swimming out to the floating tramp because of the twins, so why get in a swimsuit and feel insecure all day?? Sad, but true. I'll have to work on becoming more daring.

Daddy took each of our kids out into the water.......none of them loved it. Mae was keeping it together, only whimpering. Quinn was full-on tears. The Q did make it to the floating tramp and bounced a few times with Daddy. He got more and more courageous as the afternoon went on.



Christina's Dad had a sailboat that Mike took out a few times. As soon as he saw the sailboat, his eyes lit up.


When I cheered for Quinn after he and Daddy went out on the sailboat he said, "I just cried. I just cried on the sailboat." Don't they look like they're heading out on a great adventure?? It was a beautiful day.



We stopped for a "window-shopping-only" trip at IKEA on our way back to Rochester that evening. We had worked on the budget just a few days before, so we could only look, no touching. That was OK. There's plenty to see at IKEA!
Quinn and Mike at the end of one great Saturday. I love this picture. Father and Son.


8 comments:

Sharp Family said...

Looks like a fun day! I love reading your posts, you are seriously one funny chic! One of our new neighbor's name is Molly and she is a lot like you personality wise, so fun and outgoing and original. Makes me feel like we live by you:) We miss you (and Mickel is missing Mike's mad canoe building skills as he tries to repair some damage from a FREEZING Wisconsin winter and a 1,500 mile ride on the top of the 4Runner)

Elizabeth said...

Looks like a ton of fun Molly. I just love Quinn's huge smile....soooo adorable. I just want to pinch his cheeks!

Hilary said...

Wish we were there with you!

Jen said...

How fun! I love days like that. Your kids are too cute! Poor Max and his fall... I hate those moments. It makes for a fun blog though, right?

Jen C. said...

Hey Molly!! Your kids are getting so big! So...what kind of side by side double stroller do you have? I'm loving the double snap n go with all my heart so I will forever trust your twin-friendly stroller recommendations. :). We missed you at the old hoz reunion!!

Amber Jackson said...

What a fun blog! We haven't seen you guys since right before the twins were born. You look Great! I'm glad you are getting in some fun trips and family time. Ryan says to say hi to Mike. Ryan & Amber Jackson.

Nina said...

MOLLY...you must update!!! You avid followers need more photos! :) Not like you don't have anything else to do. Have a great day and talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.