Monday, October 13, 2008

Creepy, crawly things.....



Quinn and I made some "creepy mice" for our windows during naptime on October 1st. I was planning on cutting out some black cats or bats or a witch or some other familiar Halloween character, but Martha Stewart keeps me cutting edge with her website and Halloween templates.
It's all about mice this year. :)



I found this cute jack-o-lantern at Tuesday Morning for $5. YES! One of the eyes had fallen off, but please! I knew that would be nothing for handy-man Mike.


We were out raking leaves with our neighbors last Sat (10-11) when I snapped these pictures. We had amazing weather in Rochester last weekend. High 70s. I was thinkin' how great it would be if it could be that warm on Halloween. Wishful thinking, wishful thinking. Last Halloween Quinn was a carrot (cutest costume ever-- my sister, Jess, made it). Quinn stood there shivering, not even gathering candy at our church party, until Mike whispered to me, "I think we should get his coat out.". I was thinkin' Quinn could make it another 1/2 hour, 45 minutes (it really was the CUTEST costume), but yeah, it was just too cold. We'll see what this year brings.

After all that talk, I went into our archives and found this pic of Quinn, Halloween 2007. See what I'm talkin' about, cute costume!!! I'm going to be hard-pressed to beat the carrot this year. The twins were peas. Peas & Carrots. Thank you, thank you.

1 comment:

Emily said...

$5.....WOW!! I LOVE Love LOVE the carrot idea. How perfect. The mice in your window are so cute. Way to go, doing something fun with your kids. Maybe I should try that!