Monday, October 13, 2008

Sunday, October 5th


GENERAL CONFERENCE SUNDAY! I love this weekend when the general authorities of the church are broadcast to the world and we stay home and soak in all that goodness on our computer via the internet. Here in Minnesota the sessions were at 11am and 3pm, so Mike had time to catch a little nap before conference began on Sunday.


I had been battling a nasty cold all week, so when the kids got our attention around 7am, Mike was good enough to go on solo duty. When I got up a while later, Quinn and Mae were running around doin' their thang, and Max was curled up by Daddy. Wide awake, just laying there. He never does that. Sits still I mean. What child does?? It was priceless. I kept going into the living room to see if he was still lying there. So cute.



This year we really tried to get the kids to pay some attention to the computer screen while our prophet was speaking to us, so we pulled out crayons, markers and best of all....scissors. With Mike and I directing them quietly, they were creative at the table for almost all the morning session. Pretty good for two 18-month olds and a 3.5-er. You can see the well-loved picture of President Monson taped to the wall by the computer (that pic stays on our frige and we try to notice it a lot)? Quinn got so excited every time Pres. Monson got up to speak in conference, "Look Ma! It's him! The same as our picture!".


Here are some outdoor shots of our walks in-between and after the sessions of conference. Quinn loves to go fast on his Big Wheel. There's a spot on the bike path where he starts building some speed and then hits a tight curve and he's on 2 of those three wheels! He always stops after he's just done his death-defying trick and we look at each other and start laughing. You know that no-way-that's-too-cool-I-can't-believe-you-just-did-that kindof laugh? That's what you hear comin' out of the boy and his Ma.



Check out the great fall colors on our street! I like to dress the twins in the same color. I figure, hey they're twins, let's do something about it!

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

wow! your kids are getting so big! They are cute! :) Liz

Alan and Brittney said...

Hey Molly...I just wanted to let you know that I have a blog now and I found yours through someone in the ward.... I love all the pictures!!! See you soon!

Clayton said...

I dig the kids and the nice fall colors. Send some of that down to Tejas.

S&F Seminario said...

MOLLY my love.
Wouldn't it be such a fun surprise if we showed up on your doorstep on Halloween and could see the costumes and the Martha Stewart mice??!!
It will only happen in my dreams.
I loved the Prophet recognition moment. You and Mike are doing it right! That is exactly what can be taught even to our little ones. I love it. Thanks for the excellent, fun, cutest posts.

Sarah said...

What a cute, cute family of FIVE!

Jen said...

CUTE PICS! I love seeing your family. They are so adorable. Did you know we are heading to Virginia for Residency? We are so excited! WOO HOO! So good to know where we will be.