Sunday, October 18, 2009

Boundary Waters 1

From 9/3-9/8 I went to the Boundary Waters (along the US/Canadian border) with Ralph Whitesides, C Whitesides, Dave Lund, Dad (that'd be Dave Johnson) and Kurtis Tucker (the other counselor in our ward young men's presidency). The trip was great. Here are a few pictures.


We camped the first night on the shores of a quiet lake just outside of Ely, MN.

This was taken from the short of the campsite on Knife Lake where we spent most of our time. The weather was clear and warm with some beautiful sunsets.
And sunrises, here on Moose Lake as we paddled out on our last morning.
Here's a shot of our campsite on the night before we paddled out (more to follow).
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anna and Dell said...

what beautiful pictures! I wish we could have been there. Carrying a canoe on my shoulders during a boundary waters portage the first year of medical school is one of my favorite "I'm so tough memories." There's something so amazing about canoe trips. I want to hear all the details sometime.