Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Fall Photo Shoot

Mike got some great pics during an
'after-church-before-you-change-out-of-your-Sunday-clothes' moment




These three little people are my work. I find myself working constantly! It's a good thing I enjoy my job.



This little guy has so many goofy/crazy/cool expressions. I could have posted at least 5 more funny, but cute! pics of him

What delightful small children. As I'm typing, I'm reflecting. Lately I've noticed that my feelings have changed towards my kids. It's been gradual.....I don't exactly know when I stopped feeling mechanical, frustrated and tired and instead, started feeling warm, happy and proud. I'm noticing that the three people who are in my care have beautiful little souls. I'm starting to see them as real people. People I can interact with. People I can laugh with and tell jokes too, and they get me! We share every moment of every day and it's better than "work". It's rich and fun and rewarding. It's cute and hilarious and loving. It's....what I hoped it would be.
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Connie Whitesides said...

Oh you make motherhood sound as it should. Well said Molls! It is true, your children are three beautiful souls and faces. I just can't get enough of them!

Kathryn said...

I love this post. Thank you.

Melanie said...

So sweet! Max looks like Ty, I think!

Kira said...

Molly, I love your honesty and admire your willingness to share! I have noticed the same feelings over the last 2 weeks as well... I told Cody the other night that I feel more settled and adjusted. Thanks for this wonderful post!

Melissa said...

I love what you said and know exactly how you feel!

S&F Seminario said...

Molly,

I always knew and know that you will go down in history as one of the best mothers in the history of them. I wish I could watch you in action. I LOVE these pictures. Isn't it so amazing that Heavenly Father lets us raise our best friends? Motherhood is one unmatchable gift.

Carol said...

Max looks great in the jacket from Austria. Everyone is growing up so fast. Love, Grandma J.

Kirsten said...

Beautiful, Beautiful children! And I agree. It is amazing to have the job of loving them. You do it so well!

Jen said...

SO adorable! They are just so dang cute! Love to see your cute kids... I don't check as often as I should.

Mindi said...

Hi Molly, it's sure been a while. I found your blog through Jen's and just thought I'd drop a line and say Hi.
I love finding an old friend's blog. Your kids are adorable. And you look fabulous.

It's good to see you.

Nina said...

This was a great post, dear! A tribute to mothers! Your chidren are precious..and stylin'!! XXXXOOOO

Team Bryan said...

I really needed that! I printed it and I am going to hang it in my kitchen, and my journal and aspire for those feelings always. Some days that sweet feeling can be fleeting. Thanks for the reminder!! Love, Love, Love you!!!

Rochelle said...

I was reading your blog and saw your "I love comments" Thingy, so here's a comment:) Loved your mom comment, it seems the more kids I have and the longer I am a mom, the more I feel that way, but I never really thought about it until I read your post:) Congrats on your hubbies new job!! I hope I never have to run into him:) (at work anyway)