Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy Holidays!



Christmas 2009!
A few things I enjoyed about Christmas Day;
awesome food (think: eggnog creme brule w/ fresh grated nutmeg), our sweet family (kids at Christmas are the cutest!), great company (Jan & Justin + their 2 little ones = good times! Wish I would have snapped a pic of us, oh well :), a beautiful blanket of snow, time in the kitchen creating tasty dishes with Mike (you are my best friend dear, I love you!), peace, quiet moments, and the many natural conversations about Christ that occurred at different times in our home (this last one happened many times throughout Dec, not just on Christmas Day. It was special for me to actually discuss Christ's birth with my children this year. Every morning (well, almost every morning) I would read from Luke 2 and my three would ask questions and repeat the story to me. I was amazed at how much they grasped. I felt the spirit of God in our home several times while eating Cheerios with my children. It was wonderful. :).
Our last Christmas in Minnesota was a good one.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Connie Whitesides said...

You are such a sweet woman and mother. I love that you focused on Christ, and your children understood on their own level. You are making a difference and having lots of fun doing it. Love it.