Saturday, September 22, 2007

In the beginning.......

Molly writes:

I was looking back through some photos and lingered on some of our pics of Max & Mae in the beginning. It was an incredible time; having newborn twins. Mostly, it was overwhelming. I wish I could say that I bounced back to my old self after the twins were only a few weeks, but it's taken much longer than that. Now that the twins are almost 6 months, I'm starting to feel calm again. I can sleep for longer than 2 hours at a time. What a relief.
They came big--Max was 7 lbs. 7 oz. and Mae was 7 lbs. 1 oz.--and they came on time. They had a great start to their little lives and they continue to be very healthy and happy babies. I worked hard to get them here. I ate a ton! A friend of mine, who is also a mother of twins, told me I needed to "grow the babies". I ate red meat often (big, juicy hamburgers, Mmmmm) had a milkshake every night and ate everything that was offered me during my 6 month stint of bed rest. Yes, 6 months. I felt really blessed to have everything on my side as I began this journey of parenting multiples. Now if I could just get motivated to get out and exercise.... After gaining 60 pounds and being stretched to the limit with almost 15 pounds of baby in me, I fear my belly will never recover! But it's all worth it, right? Absolutely!!! You gotta love these babies!

Mae & Max------4 days old

Mae & Max------6 months old

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Molly - All I can say is that you're amazing!

Love the bottom pic of Max and Mae--such cuties.

Sharp Family said...

They are so sweet, and you are so awesome to go through so much to get them here! We love you guys and love to see updates on the blog!

Amberlynn said...

What beautiful children!! Molly, you're the ultimate Mom, and such a happy person. I love you Johnsons; so happy!!

Hilary said...

I didn't want you thinking we weren't reading your blog! Love it love it love it. Love the updates, the honesty, and the cute pictures. Love to you all.