Friday, March 21, 2008

For the wearin 'o' the green...........


I tried to capture the kids on St. Paddy's Day. Sort of successful..........
Mae kept crawling away. Max was happy watching my slapstick. Quinn gave me his 'camera smile' before grabbing a toy car and vrooming away. I've learned, ya gotta be quick with this bunch.....
Who is this Cheese?? LOVE it when he smiles with his nose.
Mike was on call St. Patrick's Night, so the kids and I met him in the hospital cafeteria for dinner. I enjoy a fish sandwich from time to time. Warm from the hot lights.....crusty from being prepared 2 days ago and served tonight......flaky from being stored in the freezer for many, many days. It was raining, so I wanted to park close. I found an opening in a 30 minute spot and snagged it. Unloading the children from our clown car (aka Toyota Echo) took a large portion of my half hour, so we had to rush. Mike was decked out in blue scrubs. Not an ounce of green on him. I was most disappointed (in high school, I used to dress green from toe to head, sparkling green shamrock garland, wrapped into a circle, perched atop my hair). This night, I wore a necklace of dyed green seashells and a loud green shirt. A nurse sitting close to our table caught my attention with her green blazer, green shell, green pants (all slightly different greens) and green stud earrings. I HAD to wish her a Happy St. Patrick's Day on my way out. She screamed it.
Hope you all had a merry green day full of pinches and corned beef.

5 comments:

Emily said...

You are too fun. I am sad to say that I forgot it was St Patricks day until the kids had already left for school. They were disappointed to find out that little green leporcans (sp) had visited the neighbors house and had turned their milk green and their toliet water green!

Jen C. said...

Look how festive you are!! I totally forgot about it being a holiday and when I was reminded I realized I didn't have a single green article of clothing. Alas! Top o' the mornin' to ya anyway!!

S&F Seminario said...

Oh Molz. I love your kids. They are so cute. Perhaps in all of his medical learnings Mike will discover how your genes combined to create such adorable children. I wish I could have seen you decked out in your green. I love holiday socks because of you.

Lisa said...

I miss seeing the high school Molly Lepracaun. It was one of the highlights of every year. I am glad that you are planting those seeds in your children!

Brooke S said...

Molly! So, I thought of you the other day.... Does he love me, I wanna know.... How can I tell if he loves me so...

And the arm pumping... etc, and those stinkin' hot sequins with the missing sequins under the arm... Ahhhhh those were the days. :)

Cute kiddos!