Friday, March 28, 2008

For the Twins

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MAX & MAE!!!

So massive. So large. So unreal, but really real.

3 days before delivery.

I told my OB/GYN that I wanted keep them in my belly as long as possible. The first pregnancy to last 12 months and counting!!! :) I knew my life was going to change drastically once they were born, so hey, let's not rush it. He let me go to 38 weeks and said it was time for a c-section. Here I am, 2 days before meeting my babes.


Pregnancy Sympathy Day. Even my dad carried a balloon under his kitchen apron for a while. Toting a balloon around would be a piece of cake after lugging my 60-pound belly about the house for 9 months (OK, it didn't weigh 60-pounds for 9 months.....)
Hello Babies!!! This was my last day in the Logan Regional Hospital after my painful c-section. The twins were 4 days old. At birth, Max weighed a whopping 7 lbs, 7 oz. and Mae tipped the scales at 7 lbs, 1 oz. I heard nurses outside my hospital door whisper-shouting "These are the 7 lb. twins!" before entering my room. Good job, children, for getting so big and healthy before arriving. I really appreciate that.

Let's go home! I was living with my parents in Logan for the majority of my pregnancy (for bed rest reasons) so when we left the hospital to go "home" we went to Gran & Pa's. It was emotional for me to leave the hospital...I'd spent so much time there during my pregnancy, I couldn't believe it was over.

One week old. Snoozin'. I'm pretty sure I was snoozin' too...who took this picture??


The ONLY picture I took on their blessing day (well, I took one other, but they were screaming and bright red). The twins were almost 1 month old, but I was no where near being OK with my situation. Things were really challenging. Taking pictures was at the bottom of my list of things to do.
Here they are at 7 months. They're happy babies. It's nice. It's really nice.



I didn't take a picture of them today. Why? I should have. I guess that's something that comes with having more than one child. I forgot. Happy birthday, little ones. You are my treasures, and I love you dearly.

Oh, and P.S.----Thanks for getting easier as you get older. Those first 5 months were somethin' else. :) We can smile about it now. :)

11 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Molly- you are one amazing woman! Congratulations on hitting a huge milestone as the mother of twins...a first birthday!

Amberlynn said...

They're sooooooooooooooo beautiful! I love all the pics!

Unknown said...

Molly, You're AMAZING. I never saw pregnant pictures of you but was amazed when you gave birth to 7 pound twins :) and was even more amazed when I saw you at graduation and you were happy and smiling with new twin babies :)

Miss you.

Hanne and Fam said...

They are one already?!?! Where does the time go? Happy Belated Birthday Max and Mae!

Jen said...

Cute pictures! I remember you sending me the ones of you pregnant. I am still in shock of how big you got! :) So fun! I can't believe they are one already... maybe one day I will get to meet them :) They are just too cute!

Kathryn said...

Yeah for birthdays. Molly, I miss you and your wacky ways. Thanks for posting such cute pictures so I can remember how much I love you. And your babies are so beautiful.

-Kathryn

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Max and Mae. You are two cute kids with an awesome family.

Hilary said...

Amazing. Unreal. You are a ROCK STAR!
I miss you babies!
Auntie Hil

S&F Seminario said...

Happy Birthday Max & Mae! I'm sorry this is a late wish. Twins, I hope you two always remember what a great mom you had to get you here by living far away from her loving hubby and taking it easy for months and months. I'm glad you are making good choices already at such a young age to be good for your mommy. We love you!

Unknown said...

wow Molly you are amazing! That stomach is wow. I will never complain again. Well ok that is not true but I will think of you when I am very pregnant and may or may not complain. Happy to see you blogging. Your kids are very very cute.

Brooke S said...

Molly!

Holy belly! And big twins... My nieces were 4lb 10oz and 5lb 10oz... so Good job!