Friday, February 20, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

I'm 30, folks.
Lindsay invited me for birthday lunch...oOooO, so good. She made home-made bagels (yes, bagels!) served with cream cheese for the moment I arrived, then an hour later she created these scrumptious little hand made pizzas and yummy ice cream sandwiches with b-day candles stuck in the ice cream. Our five kids were having a great time in her basement, so good that we had an amazing heart-to-heart chat for a good 45 minutes, before we finally went downstairs to see what they were up to! It was as good as going out to lunch by ourselves! So nice. Thanks Lindsay for the love.
Later, a few friends popped by to wish me the best, it's always fun to have company. I got some great emails and e-cards (my sister-in-law even dedicated a post to me on her blog!) and you gotta love all the phone calls and Happy Birthday songs sung from miles away. Thanks to you all!!
My dear husband gave me some new work-out clothes (desperately needed!) so I headed to the YMCA for an hour and felt stylish while I exercised. Mike picked up some Chinese on his way home from work, gotta love Chinese food, and once he gets Quinn asleep we're going to get two spoons and go to town on some Cold Stone Creamery that Ben & Nina dropped by (too good!).

Here's a snap shot of us on the couch right before we put the kids to bed tonight.
Let the year of 30 begin! I'm excited!!


6 comments:

John and Misty said...

Molly,
Happy Birthday! Isn't turning 30 so crazy?! I did a few months ago and I think time goes by way too fast! It sounds like you had a good day. You deserve it!
Misty

Jen said...

Happy Birthday! 30 is a great year! You will be happy though no matter what age. that's just YOU! I love ya!

Melanie said...

Happy birthday, Molls!

Sharp Family said...

Happy Happy Birthday Molly!!!

Emily said...

Happy birthday! I wish I could have celebrated with you too! I look back on our fun times together and smile! You're great.

Elizabeth said...

Best of all birthday wishes to you Molly! 30 is a great place to be!