Sunday, April 26, 2009

Easter Fun

Easter did happen in Minnesota early April.....

I tried several times to get the kids to look at me while holding their newly-found Easter baskets, but the sticky Peeps, speckled jelly beans and chocolate covered marshmallow bunnies were too much for the little munchkins. Mae does get the award for "best effort" in most photos, the boys weren't even acknowledging my existence.



Can't you just hear Quinn's excited kid-growl-grunt over this amazing candy carrot?



We hid eggs in the backyard and around the house for the kids to find Saturday morning. The earth was still very much asleep at Easter time, so it was fun to see some egg-shaped splashes of color hiding in the bushes or in a hole in the ground, which is where Quinn and
Max are headed in this photo.



We did have a few green sprouts on the side of the yard to
hide a plastic egg in. I discovered that yellow eggs in
green flower stems are tricky to see.
Great hiding spot for a two-year old.
Mike captured this darling moment with Mae.
There was magic in the twins eyes when they found an egg.





The children and I found some plastic camouflage eggs at the store and decided they were just the thing for Daddy. He could spot a brightly colored egg from a great distance, but a green, black, brown camo egg?? Not so easy. :) I hid the eggs in his favorite spot, the garage.


We had fun watching him find all 8 eggs. I'm pleased to say that I stumped him with one of the eggs
for a good 5 (maybe 3) minutes!


3 comments:

Jen said...

HOW FUN! Easter went by way too fast this year. I love how cute your kids are! I wish we lived closer to you so Quinn and Cache could be best friends!

Hilary said...

So fun! You Minnesotans really know how to celebrate!

Sarah said...

NICE! I love the camo eggs! Good thinking!