Thursday, April 23, 2009

Trying something new

It's supposed to be 78 degrees in Rochester today. 78! So I decide that it's time to truly break out the shorts and short-sleeved shirts for the kids. The Twins were totally on board with me. New clothes! I can see my knees! I have elbows?! Rushing air on my legs, strange, but nice!

Quinn on the other hand was not so OK with giving up his winter shirts and pants. When I pulled the spring/summer clothes out last week, he about had a heart-attack, "She's going to make me wear something....different! ARGH!!!". So, this morning I put three short-sleeved shirts out for him and left him (gnashing, crying and complaining) in the front room to choose. I made sure his trusty old jeans were part of his ensemble (don't rock the boat TOO much) and headed to the kitchen to pour some cereal. When I next checked on him, he was hiding behind the rocker, slowly putting one tenative arm through the short-sleeved shirt. I smiled and went to add milk to our Quaker Oatmeal Squares. He emerged from hiding, fully dressed, and gave me a small, un-sure smile. The short-sleeved shirt was on! This 4-year old has sucessfully conquered a major fear! Seasons can change, wardrobes may alter, but life is still safe and good. (sniff) He makes a Mama proud. :)





I am totally lovin' Max in this little sweater vest. He reminds me on his fashionable Uncle Marty. Shout out to you, Marty!


5 comments:

Molly said...

I think it's time for a new camera, wadda ya think?? When I click on my photos they're all fuzzy! I hope it's not just my camera skills. Probably some of both, 6 year-old digital camera and shaky Mama paws.

Unknown said...

That is so funny. Quin is quite the character :)

Kathryn said...

Happy birthday to the twins. And I love the Quinn story. My nephew of about the same age also hates giving up his seasonal wardrobe. I wonder if it's a boy thing or just a 4- and 5-year-old thing.

Hilary said...

Adorable as always. And I love Quinn's resistance to change...he'll be gluing pennies over the holes in his shoes to avoid new shoes like he Uncle C in no time!

Connie Whitesides said...

I love this. Sounds just like Ty. If I want him to wear new clothes that have to be in his closet for at least a week before he'll even consider looking at them. I afraid that they must never grow out of it.