Saturday, November 8, 2008

Look! It's Glinda!

WICKED. So WICKED. So incredibly WICKED.

I was dying. SO EXCITED to be there. As we left Rochester, I shouted, really loud, to the bus driver, "Take us there, Chuck!". I was experiencing a natural high for sure.

Our bus dropped us off at the theater at 7pm and the show started at 8pm, so we thought we would snag some dessert at Rock Bottom. Rock Bottom Brewery was one of our favorite places to eat in Milwaukee (we only went there like 2 times, but it was amazing both times!) so when I saw this restaurant across the street, Mike and I had to stop in. But, I ended up chickening out because I didn't want to wait for food and miss the hyper-pre-show atmosphere at the theater, so we just snapped this picture and left. Seeing Rock Bottom makes me miss Milwaukee!!!

Me, feeling Witch-y after the show. I should remember that No One Mourns the Wicked!

Our relaxing ride. We didn't leave Minneapolis until after 11pm, so we were pretty zapped on our way home. When Mike fell asleep, I leaned my head back on the head rest, closed my eyes and replayed every scene on this awesome Broadway Musical in my mind. I've got a migraine today, but it was worth it. :)


So, a little rundown of my favorite things about Wicked---Elphaba singing "Defying Gravity" at the end of Act 1. WOW. My heart was racing, tears were running down my face because I was so into it! It was incredible. Another favorite was Galinda (no, I didn't mis-spell her name :) singing "Popular". Hilarious!!! Oh, she was so funny. Again, tears were running down my cheeks. Have I mentioned that we were 10 rows from the stage??!! Thank you Mayo for the spectacular seats! I kept telling Mike, if the actors are in the lobby when we leave, I will seriously faint (or start crying) because I am such a fan!!! Oh and I can't forget the great winged monkeys, they had the coolest moves. All the dancers were fantastic. My favorite character? Glinda (still spelled right :). She was so peppy and funny. The way she flipped her hair all the time, "Toss, toss!". All the glittery shoes in her closet. The tantrums she threw when she didn't get her way. Her cute little leg kick she did whenever she was trying to be cute. She was so clever. Loved her.


See my $8 Wicked fridge magnet?? Forever to be remembered..... Don't be frightened by our "shrunken head" that's perched next to the Witches of Oz. A friend carved us this head for Halloween and we are watching it blacken and shrink as the air dries it out.

9 comments:

Kathryn said...

I loved Wicked so much. But sounds like you had way better seats than us. It's so fun to be able to go on dates. Good for you. You must have an awesome babysitter. Priceless.
And I agree with your favorites. Defying Gravity was spectacular.

Hilary said...

MOLLS! How I love you, how I love WICKED, and how I love that you love WICKED. I see some major Quakie Daze duets coming our way...

Emily said...

Okay, you got me in the mood. I definetly want to go see that now! It sounds like you had a fabulous time! I wish I would have been a frog in your pocket!

Molly said...

Oh yeah! I forgot to mention what we did with our kids! One of the pediatric residents who works with Mike was nice enough to come over and her husband came along too. They were amazing! Autumn and Chris, we are forever in your debt. 8 hours of babysitting is a long time. You guys were fantastic!

Nina said...

Wow. Am I lucky or what?! I have read the wicked Molly posting on the very night of POSTING!!?! I need to get out and party with you, girl. What's next on your agenda?!

Anonymous said...

So lucky!!! What a wonderful time you had. I hope someday I will be able to see that play. My sister is like you a fanatic!!!

Erin said...

When I first saw the picture I thought you went all the way to Chicago. How much fun. I love Wicked so much. I got to take James (by default, Bill was out of town) and she stayed awake for the whole thing. She also thought it was cool that we were in the last row. She'll learn. She belts out Defying Gravity. Popular used to be her favorite, but now she is a little more mature (5!). I love your blog and seeing how you guys are doing!

Alan and Brittney said...

looks like a great date night!!!

Jean Leavitt said...

What fun! I was glad to read your post, I cry at plays too!! Man, you should've seen me trying to get myself together again after seeing Phantom at the Venetian in Las Vegas! I always thought I was just weird like that, but now I know I've got company. :) I'm glad you had such a wonderful time.