Friday, November 28, 2008

Give Thanks


We hosted Thanksgiving this year (stress! we're in charge of the turkey!). We had our dear friends, Ryan, Lindsay and their little ones, Kamrie and Tyler and a friend we met here in Rochester, Cami and her three cute kids. Cami's husband was on-call, bummer! Check out Lindsay's awesome jell-O salad! AMAZING!



Mike was our amazing in-house chef. He made the turkey moist, the gravy savory and the green beans edgy.
Way to go, Mike!


Here is Quinn chowing down with Cami's two daughters. I was brave and lit floating candles. I think the table was too crowded with food, none of the babies tried to take a plunge into the floating cranberries. Whew.

The men serving up dessert.
Mike and Ryan, wielding the creme brule torch and a wicked sharp spatula.
My favorite things about Thanksgiving; Lindsay's food. All of it. Especially the home made rolls and super tasty sweet potatoes (OK, and the walnut pie and her sassy cranberry sauce). Mike's at-ease personality, especially when I was sure the turkey wouldn't be done on time. Cami's 7-year old daughter reading to the younger kids. How cute is that?! My "Give Thanks" sign, it turned out cuter than I expected. :) All the yummy left-overs for today, tomorrow and as long as they shall last! We loved having you all over and wish you could have stayed even longer. We didn't get to do our craft, or lounge on the couch and do nothing while we feel oh-so full! It's such a blessing to be surrounded by great friends.

2 comments:

Jean Leavitt said...

I love the floating cranberries! What a beautiful and clever idea. :) Looks like you guys had a great time. Just wanted to tell you to check out my blog, I've got a few pictures of your cuties posted on their, courtesy of Claire behind the camera.

gassins said...

Yummmmmmm. My mouth is watering all over again. Sooooo how about Thanksgiving again in Feburary? What do you say???? I should be out of left overs by then. ;) Thanks for being such great hosts!!! We loved it!

ps. I updated my blog. I know I know. It was about time I did.