Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Quirks? Embrace 'em!

I saw this on a friend’s blog and thought I would give it a go.
Here are (drum roll please)…..

6 Quirky Things about Me:

1) My taste buds are delinquent. Seriously, who talks about their taste buds being below average?? But mine are. I don’t need to buy the expensive brand of ice cream, I can’t tell the difference between generic or name brand. Cold? Check. Sweet? Check. Satisfied? Check.


2) Banks scare me. Maybe “intimidate me” is a better way to put it. I think everyone who works at a bank is a genius. Wouldn’t they have to be to care for all that money??!


3) I make faces while I cook. I truly can’t imagine how people on the Food Network can remain so composed while preparing a dish. Don’t they feel the need to squint their eyes and bare their teeth while beating their cake batter?? Am I alone here?!!


4) I wear a sleeping mask to bed every single night. It’s navy with silver stars and moons on it. I started wearing it to bed while I was having a migraine a few years ago and I found that it protected me from the blaring light peeking through my window in the early a.m. which was so annoying and painful. So I started wearing it every evening just in case I was seized by a migraine in the night (for those of you who suffer from migraines, you’ll agree that you live in fear of when the next migraine will hit). Another bonus: I feel like a rock star when I wear it.


5) When I’m scrubbing pots and pans, I like to leave one dish un-done in the sink. It makes me feel in control. “Yeah, I could wash that last pot, but hey, these dirty dishes aren’t the boss of me! I’m no slave to the kitchen! I’m outta here. Ha!”. Oooh, I’m bad. I’m sooooooo bad. :)

6) I love to groom my children. If I see a smudge on their cheek or heaven-forbid a boogie in their nose, I rush to their aide. I am totally one of those mothers who licks her thumb and rubs their kid’s face clean before they’re allowed to play on the jungle gym. They’re so much cuter when they’re clean!






7 comments:

Hilary said...

Ahhhhh I love every quirky thing about you my rock star sista!

Hanne and Fam said...

I love your quirks! I am also glad to know that I am not the only one who leaves one pot in the sink when I am done cleaning up. I'm not quite sure why I do but I like your excuse. I will have to adopt it!

S&F Seminario said...

Oh Molly how much I love this post.
Your quirks make the world a better place. I hope you know the world would tune in to see those faces while you cook. Sign me up for your show on Food Network.
I miss you!

Anonymous said...

I love all of your quirks!!! I love knowing that I am not the only weirdo out there. haha!!!!

Emily said...

Those fun facts were so fun to read. I'll definetly have to try the sleeping mask!

Elizabeth said...

There is nobody as great as Molly...quirks and all! I loved the list and can absolutely picture every one!

gassins said...

ha ha ha. Loved it. Great post.