Monday, November 3, 2008

Smooth Ride


In August we bought a van, and I've never looked back.

(These pictures were taken November 3rd--it was 75 degrees! We broke the high temperature record of 73 degrees, set 30 years ago.
It's been SO nice.)


Our 2004 Honda Odyssey. Let's hit the road!


I tried to find a picture of our Toyota Echo that I've been driving for 9 years now. I couldn't (there's a pic in our archives somewhere, but I don't have the patience to find where it's hiding tonight). Our Toyota has been our sole family vehicle until we got the Odyssey. I love my Echo. It's the most flexible, stylish, versatile car (I'm being totally serious!). We fit three kids in the back seat until the twins were 17 months, not every car could stand up to that challenge. People would ask if we had to spray the children with PAM before we loaded up. :) Often I felt like a clown car, pulling child after child after child out of this tiny machine.
But times change and we really needed something bigger (I had a HARD time fitting Quinn's BigWheel into the front seat of the Echo, on our way to playgroup, since our trunk was full of strollers and Mae & Max's little bikes). I'm happy to say there's been no adjustment period. It's like we were meant to drive a Honda Odyssey with its leather interior, removable captain seats and life-saver automatic sliding doors. Is it appropriate to steal a line from H-D and say that we, "Live to ride, ride to live!"?? No one should be afraid of a minivan.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Yahoo! Welcome to the club. We love our Odyssey too and would never buy another van. Congrats guys...camping will be so much easier too!

Kathryn said...

I'm still kind of scared of the minivan, so thank you for the comforting words. We may have to consider it. Especially since we're expecting Baby Ririe #2 in May. I can't hardly imagine how much baby stuff 2 children require. Yikes!

Lisa Cronk said...

We LOVE our Odyssey! Can't imagine what we'd do without it...and we've only got 1 kid. Glad you're enjoying yours too.
: ) Lisa

Lisa Cronk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I remember the first time I saw you get in that little car and thought how in the world do 2 tall people and 3 car seats fit in that!!!! I am so glad you got a bigger car!! Yeah!!!